beowulf in space

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Mon Apr 14 16:32:58 EDT 2003

>  ground navigational cluster... certainly we can achieve a very high velocity for our death plunge into the Sun's outer atmosphere... Computational real time observations within those few precious moments before the probe vaporised would certainly be enhanced by an on board beowulf cluster... You asked for speculation, as to an application... I think this is perhaps one.

This is getting silly. You still need to transmit the data back to earth. It
has already been asserted that it is far more efficient energy wise and cost
wise to transmit data than to process it. So you should invest in a system
that can transmit all the raw data back to earth. Then you even have the
benefit of saving the raw data set for future computations as more is
learned...

(giggles)
Karen
--