HPL Benchmark on Itanium 2 box

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Apr 12 19:16:03 EDT 2003

Hi Brent:

  Looks like either a missing library, or a library order issue. The
HPL_pdtest.o is trying to find the cblas_dgemv function.  This function
is likely supplied in the optimized Intel libs (though I don't know
which library, but it would be one supplying BLAS and LAPACK routines
optimized for the platform).  You may have a -L/path in front of the
correct -lcblas (or similar library name).  If you can find out which
library is supposed to provide that function, try moving it to a
different position in the link line.

Joe

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 12:06, Brent M. Clements wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I'm trying to compile the hpl benchmark on a HP zx6000 box.
>
> I have the hp math libraries and the intel 7.0 compilers.
>
> Has anyone ever tried compiling the hpl benchmark using this compile
> configuration? If so could they send me their Makefile
>
> The reason I'm asking is because I keep on getting the following error
>
> HPL_pdtest.o: In function `HPL_pdtest':
> HPL_pdtest.o(.text+0x1a82): undefined reference to `cblas_dgemv'
> HPL_pdtest.o(.text+0x1ad2): undefined reference to `cblas_dgemv'
>
> Anyone have a clue?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Brentr Clements

Joseph Landman, Ph.D