cooling systems (jbassett)

astroguy at bellsouth.net astroguy at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 12 01:19:28 EDT 2003

Hi List, (I posted this to the group a bit earlier and it did not get posted but I see from Mike's post that this is not as strange as it first may seem;)

I know this might sound a little strange... but strange is my stock and trade I've been working on cooling solutions ever since I had my first 64/128... I have submerged, entire boards into a liquid silicon solution... playing around with liquid coolant is sometimes messy but to my surprise it worked!  Perhaps not very practical for rack nodes and I'm  not really sure of how this might work over the long haul but for a day it worked find and did demonstrate at least in principle an approach...     Now, something off the shelf and not requiring large vats of slick and messy goo, maybe is to build  a rack of nodes built inside a self contained refrigeration units like the ones we all have seen at some of the mom and pop convenient stores... the boxed ones with the glass doors... make them air tight and then you are only cooling your rack. Like I said, a little strange twist on an"inside" the box approach;P
C.Clary
Spartan Sys.analyst
PO 1515
Spartanburg, SC 29304-0243