[Linux-ia64] Itanium gets supercomputing software

Van Maren, Kevin kevin.vanmaren at unisys.com
Fri Apr 11 18:36:13 EDT 2003

> I don't know exactly what price/configuration Power4 machines start.
> Perhaps one of the IBMers on this list could chime in?
>
> 	--david

Okay, my turn to plug: Itanium 2-based systems _are_ very competitive
with RISC machines, even at the mid-range and high end.

Unisys is currently selling 4 to 16-processor Itanium 2 machines.
They are very competitively priced against mid-sized RISC machines,
although pricing information is not available on the web.
SCO's UnitedLinux will be available as soon as SCO ships.
http://www.unisys.com/products/es7000__servers/hardware/aries__130.htm

For a quote in North America, you can contact Rob Luke, rob.luke at unisys.com
(801) 594-5088.  I can get you contact info for other parts of the world.

Kevin Van Maren
Unisys