Mac OS X or Linux?

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 9 02:19:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 02:33:39PM -0400, Joseph Landman wrote:
> I am curious about other apps as well.  Please summarize the lmbench
> microbenchmarks.  I would be curious about heavy FP/memory codes.  I
> would think that the PPC would have some interesting performance there.

Usual caveats about benchmarks and misleading numbers apply, but this
is as fair as i can make it: same hardware, same benchmark, different
operating systems:

new:
http://terizla.org/~robl/pbook/benchmarks/lmbench-linux_vs_osx.1

old (but same results):
http://drmirage.clustermonkey.org/~laz/pbook/lmbench.powerbook.txt

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B