Fwd: [PBS-USERS] cost for educational sites

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 02:02:36 EDT 2003

First, both SGE and SGEEE are free and opensource.
They have better features, and far better fault
tolerance. If PBSPro is starting to cost $$ even for
educational sites, why not do the switch now?

Second, by "I guess", I am talking about the trend, if
you follow the discussions on beowulf lately, you will
find that there really are a lot of people switching
from PBS to SGE.

Lastly, I don't work for Sun, and besides, Sun is not
making a dollar even if the whole world is using SGE.
(also note that Sun is making SGE free not only for
Solaris, but for other platforms -- AIX, HP, Alpha,
Mac...)

Next time if I suggest people to use Linux instead of
Windows, I hope people don't ask me whether I work for
Linus or Redhat :-)

 -Ron

http://tax.yahoo.com