FOLLOWUP: Re: Platform adopts DRMAA?

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Fri Apr 4 10:23:03 EST 2003

I'm rather puzzled at this exchange: why would anyone care?
from the quick look I had at the drmaa stuff, it seemed quite
trivial.  if I was writing a tool that needed to interact with
a queueing system, I'd just have an encapsulation layer anyway,
so wouldn't care about exact interfaces.

this is one of those nasty (and ultimately useless)
lowest-common-denominator types of interfaces,
and seems to be driven by marketing weasels.

operator may differ from spokesperson.	            hahn at mcmaster.ca
                                              http://hahn.mcmaster.ca/~hahn