small cluster

Art Edwards edwardsa at plk.af.mil
Thu Apr 3 10:35:41 EST 2003

I have a two node cluster running just Debian. Indeed you need two NICS
on the head node (one for the outside and one for the local network).
I'm still running NFS to mount /home and /usr/local on  the internal
node. Also, I'm running MPICH. It was an exercise to learn rudimentary
skills in cluster building, but it still runs.

Art Edwards

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:41:03PM -0500, Dennis Sarvis, II wrote:
> How does one go about creating a 2 PC cluster? I have a redhat 400Mhz
> PII and a Debian Celeron 550Mhz.  Can I do something like use 2 NICs in
> the controller and one in the slave (1 NIC for the office
> network/internet and the other connecting via crossover 10baseT to the
> NIC on node1 slave)?

Art Edwards
Senior Research Physicist
Air Force Research Laboratory