networking options

Patrick Geoffray patrick at
Wed Sep 25 13:54:50 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 04:44, James Cownie wrote:
> > You cannot use any interconnect today to build 512 nodes
>       ******
> You surely mean "You can use ..." ?

Jim is totally right. I meant you *can* use any type of pipe to build a
such large machine, but you should not use any *topology*. It's the
reality that each interconnect is tight to a specific topology today,
thus you may extend this limitation from topology to interconnect, but
it's only a side effect.

Sorry about the lapsus.