LC_C, Scyld , and Perl

J. R. Valverde j at
Thu Sep 5 04:37:25 EDT 2002

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:45:20 -0400
Wade Hampton <wade.hampton at> wrote:

> G'day,
> When running a perl script on a cluster node with Scyld, I get
> errors about LC_LANG and LC_C.  For example:
>         #!/usr/bin/perl
>         print ("hello\n");
Woa! That's an oooold one! I had the same on olden times...

> Other than putting this in my /etc/bashrc, does anyone have a fix for this?

The problem is probably not Scyld itself. As you say, it is a mismatch between locale
support and actual settings. There are only a few solutions: either you compile the
program (perl, whatever) with support for your locale, or you set the locale (in
~/.profile or /etc/bashrc), or you do not specify the location when installing the system
letting it default to the C locale).

At least thyat's how I remember it now. THEREFORE, don't take me too seriously, I haven't
seen this error again in years and my memory may well be deceiving me.

	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural