LC_C, Scyld , and Perl

Wade Hampton wade.hampton at
Tue Sep 3 09:45:20 EDT 2002

When running a perl script on a cluster node with Scyld, I get
errors about LC_LANG and LC_C.  For example:
        print ("hello\n");

Push this to node 1:

    bpsh 1 ./

The following is displayed:

perl:  warning:  Setting locale failed.
perl:  warning:  Please check that your locale settings:
        LANG = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US"
perl:  warning:  Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

By manually setting LC_ALL to "C" this goes away, but this should
be automatic (tested on Scyld 28cz4).  Note I tried to run postgresql on
a cluster node under Scyld and had similar problems, hence gave up.

Other than putting this in my /etc/bashrc, does anyone have a fix for this?

Also, is there a mailng list to report bugs or issues to Scyld?

Wade Hampton