Beowulf & VMWare

Marquardt, Paul Paul.Marquardt at
Wed Oct 30 13:17:28 EST 2002

The organization I work for has been toying with the idea of server

One of the scenarios presented by the group was to build a Beowulf cluster
and use VMWare GSX Server to partition it.

This solution seems to offer endless ideas of distributed processing and the
ability to run multiple operating systems on a large clustered platform.

However, I have been very hard pressed to find information concerning this
type of an implementation of Beowulf, or VMWare.

Is this a feasible implementation?

Has this ever been done?

Was it successful?

Thanks in advance for any ideas help or suggestions.