C++ programming

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Sun Oct 20 07:24:55 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 17:13, Garriss, Michael wrote:
> usable.  C++ allows me (not necessarily you) to do this.  I am many times
> more efficient because of things like: multiple inheritance (something Java
> advocates claim is unnecessary but it far from it), templated types, the
> STL and all generic programming libraries, the boost libraries.
> metaprogramming, lambda functions, streams, etc.
>

>From experience, the next stage after that is tackling a really hard problem
with C++, hating C++ together with its stupid bag of template tricks and then
finding out that there are well designed languages like ocaml or haskell. But
it doesn't take 9 years to figure it out, only 7. ;)

To prevent a long rebuttal, here is what C++ is excellent for: projects like
KDE.

Happy hacking,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>