Is there any information about diffrence betweenscyld,sce,rocks and OSCAR?

Dean Johnson dtj at
Fri Oct 11 10:27:05 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 07:34, Zou Guangxian wrote:
>    i am a newbie and plan to build a cluster .but which package should i choose?Scyld ,sce, rocks  or OSCAR?what about the diffrences between them?
>    i have learn a little about scyld ,but it is a commercial tool.:-(
>    Regards

I would also add OpenMOSIX ( to the list as
well. It sort of depends on what you wish to do with the cluster and, to
a much lesser extent, the hardware you have. What sort of apps are you
intending on running?