Redhat 8.0 diskless cluster

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at
Fri Oct 11 10:10:56 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Ryan Sweet wrote:

> It should also be noted that redhat's init scripts don't play well with
> nfsroot - in particular you have to make sure that restarting the network
> doesn't try to umount -a.

I've already suggested this several times during the last few weeks, but I
guess it needs repeating. Put something like this in /etc/fstab:	/	nfs	noauto,rw,intr	0 0

The key here is the "noauto" option which makes any "mount -a -t nfs" or
"umount -a -t nfs" to skip it.

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868