kickstart install using NFS

Dan Kidger daniel.kidger at
Thu Oct 10 06:33:50 EDT 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 10:20, Mat Harris wrote:
> when I am installing from nfs/ftp/http, what format does the source have  to
> be in? i have the rh8 cds (5), so do i just mkisofs them into their original
> iso filenames or do i have to copy the contents in a certain way?

you simply copy the RedHat CD's on top of each other - the net result is that
the directory RedHat/RPMS (in say /opt/RH7.3) fills up with rpm's from all
three CDs.

I then make this driectory both exported to my subnet and also symlinked from
/var/www/html (ftp too if you wish).
Then I can do a network based kickstart across the cluster using http on
Mondays and Wednesdays, nfs on Tuesdays and Fridays, etc. ... :-)

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505