MPI over MS Windows

Kwan Wing Keung hcxckwk at
Fri Nov 29 01:34:21 EST 2002

Dear all,

Currently we have a student lab. equipped with around 80 networked Pentium
III PCs running under MS Windows XP.  As the lab. will be closed every
night, I would like to explore the possibility in converting the 80+ PCs
into a Beowulf during the night time, in augment to our present
LINUX cluster HPC services.

My question is therefore:

. If there any MPI library available on top of Windows XP?
. What Fortran / C compilers are required?
. Is there any PBS like batch queue system available in this environment?

Thanks for any information.

W.K. Kwan
Computer Centre
University of Hong Kong