Top 500 trends

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Nov 25 20:31:28 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 19:49, Michael Huntingdon wrote:
> Pure and simple, there are those applications and computing environments
> that require more. One size does not fit all.

Of course one size machine, architecture, budget does not fit all.  That
much is obvious.

The question I asked was what the actual costs are involved in these
"best efforts".  Moreover I posited that they might belie the claims of
"low costs" of certain architectures, or TCO's of others.  I further
posited that these TCOs may not render such machines viable from the
purchasers point of view.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC