Need comments about cluster file systems

hanzl at hanzl at
Thu Nov 14 15:16:15 EST 2002

> In other words, local disks seems to be sufficient in the beowulf world,

What surprises me is that I haven't heard of any cluster using local
disks as persistent cache for files loaded from some central
repository, using something like Coda or InterMezzo (for systems where
local disks are quicker than network card).

(For sure others will point you to PVFS, which IMHO makes sense only
if network card is quicker than local disk.)