Beowulf and Big Brother

Jim Meyer purp at
Tue Nov 12 11:49:38 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 11:55, Ollisl wrote:
> [...] I was just wondering if it is reasonable or smart to monitor
> these master nodes with Big Brother? Or is there even ready-made shell-
> scripts for that?

Another thing to look at is Ganglia (
which not only monitors services but tracks both aggregate and local
statistics. Mind you, I've never installed it; the last place I worked
never outgrew Big Brother (and never had time to experiment with it =\)

Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at