Scyld slave node installation

s02.sbecker s02.sbecker at
Thu Mar 7 22:03:48 EST 2002

I am trying to setup a small cluster with the Scyld Beowulf disk.  In the
beosetup window I see the mac address of the slave node in the unknown section
and drag it to the confirm area and click apply, but nothing happens.  The
slave remains stuck at "sending rarp requests".

Some concerns I have are that I only have one ethernet card... the cluster is
not connected to the outside world, and I am using a Linksys hub instead of a
Fast ethernet connection.

Any ideas?