Trouble with Bonding Broken MPI

Donald Becker becker at
Thu Jun 27 16:39:14 EDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Todd Broucksou wrote:

>   I have a RedHat 7.2, kernel 2.4.9-31 cluster on 8 Athlon MP's. Recently
> added second 3c590 nic to bring up Channel Bonding. According to ifconfig

Do you really mean a 3c590?  The original 3Com PCI card, with all of the
issues you would expect from a race to get the first Ethernet PCI card
to market?

> -a my Bond0 is up. I can ping across without any packet loss. And can ftp
> internal to the cluster without any loss. But both the LAM and MPitch

Try multiple simultaneous transfers to test the network link.

Donald Becker				becker at
Scyld Computing Corporation
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993