new dells

Mike Davis jmdavis at
Wed Jun 19 14:50:09 EDT 2002

Does anyone have any experience with the new Dell 2650 Xeons? I bought 5
of these for miscelaneous
(web, database, etc) use and it seems that each of them is louder than
the 64p Beowulf in the same room.
The fans on these things sound like an alarm. I thought that I might
have gotten bad bearings in the fan when
I booted the first one, but they are all VERY loud.

Mike Davis                      Web and Research Computing Services
Unix Systems Manager            Virginia Commonwealth University
jmdavis at           804-828-3885 (fax: 804-828-9807)