About administering APC power controlers

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 3 10:58:53 EDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:12:02PM +0200, Ramiro Alba Queipo wrote:
> Hello everybody:
> We have a 72 nodes cluster and we are planing to buy APC power
> controlers in order to be able switching on/off the nodes remotely.
> The point is that I would like to confirm that it is posible to send
> commands to the power controlers from a linux console (and how) in order
> to develop scripts than can easily control the devices.

In a past life i wrote some scripts to do just that.  i offer it only
as an example of what is possible, not as an example of a gold-plated
bulletproof APC command line switch:

( i haven't worked on this script in a long time, but if you find it
useful, please let me know)

The GFS ( and maybe OpenGFS) guys have perl scripts based on
the perl telnet module to talk to the apc over the telnet interface.

Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org