Scyld and User Mode Linux ?

Peter Bowen pzb at scyld.com
Mon Jan 28 12:36:31 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 11:49, James Cownie wrote:
> I had a look at Scyld's web site and can see no information about
> which base kernel they use, though looking at the ftp site it appears
> to be 2.2.19, in which case User mode linux is non-trivial, I think.
>
> Does anyone know if Scyld are intending to move to 2.4.something ?

Yes we are.  I will be happy to show you an alpha version of our next
release, based on the 2.4 kernel at LinuxWorld Conference and Expo in
New York City later this week, if you will be there.  We will be
previewing the version based on the 2.4 kernel on Compaq ProLiant
servers, and showing our -9 version, based on the 2.2.19 kernel, on the
newly announced Compaq ProLiant blades.

I would invite anyone and everyone to stop by the Compaq booth and see
us.

Thanks.
Peter