Basic question

Alan Scheinine scheinin at crs4.it
Tue Jan 22 08:22:28 EST 2002

With MPI you cannot pass classes between processes.  As far as
the effort of writing code. MPI is simple when the information
to be passed consists of numbers or a simple array.  I did not
save the original message but if I remember correctly, the
program to be ported is written in Java.  In such as case,
different processes probably share information that is not easy
to duplicate with MPI.