Advice on NIC cards.

Maurice Hilarius maurice at
Tue Jan 15 12:21:03 EST 2002

With regards to your message at 10:01 AM 1/15/02,
beowulf-request at Where you stated:
>Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:36:22 +0100
>From: Alberto Ramos <alberto at>
>Subject: Advice on NIC cards.
>   Hello all. reading your comments about Gigabit Ethernet (thankd to all!),
>we have decided to use fast Ethernet at first, and make some test.
>   Choosing the NIC, I think that NetGear GA620 is a good choice, but I want
>to know what you think about that.

I think you should look at the new Intel 8490XP Gigabit cards.
Same price range as the Netgear, fast, and trouble free..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice at
Edmonton, AB, Canada
    T5X 1Y3