Boards for Fastest Intel Processors

Steve Gaudet SGaudet at
Fri Jan 11 15:47:22 EST 2002

Hello Steve,

> Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of dual Xeon
> motherboard to get to be able to run these new 2.2 GHz processors?
> I have heard a lot about the Supermicro boards but am suspect due
> to problems with several earlier versions of Supermicro PIII boards.
> Is there any word on when Intel will be releasing their new
> board with the native Intel chipset instead of a Serverworks chipset?

Intel will be releasing their own Xeon 603 pin dual motherboard in April.
We've run and shipped the SuperMicro dual Xeon motherboard and appears

Steve Gaudet
Linux Solutions Engineer
| Turbotek Computer Corp.    tel:603-666-3062 ext. 21             |
| 8025 South Willow St.      fax:603-666-4519                     |
| Building 2, Unit 105       toll free:800-573-5393               |
| Manchester, NH 03103       e-mail:sgaudet at  |
|                            web: |