Query: PVM Setup on ScyldBeowulf?

Tim Chipman timchipman at MailAndNews.com
Tue Jan 1 15:09:45 EST 2002

Can anyone give me pointers as to what is required to get PVM running
smoothly on a "typical" diskless slave node beowulf type setup (ie, one
head node with a disk that netboots all diskless slave nodes) ? [This is
using the most-current "freebie" version of Scyld as purchased from
CheapBytes]

I am able to locate the pvmd, start the thing, and monitor status of pvm,
but I can't see how to

-build a good setup file that will get slave nodes working smoothly

-where to put binaries on head node so they are available (via NFS
shares I guess?) to slave nodes?

-how to set environment variables required for PVM on the slave nodes..?

Any pointers on this would certainly be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Tim Chipman