Beowulf OS and Installation

AskB0b at AskB0b at
Fri Feb 22 03:09:27 EST 2002

I am doing some research on parallel computing for my Senior thesis and the
time has come to put aside all my written work and build a Beowulf cluster.

I was curious as to if Redhat was an acceptable choice and if version 5, 6,
or 7 was preferred?  I am working with very limited HDs so I need to know
what packages are necessary and which ones aren't so important.

I do have some networking experience but a rather limited knowledge of Linux.
I am excited and eager to learn though, so bear with me  ; )