network interface freeze

Dan Janies djanies at
Sun Feb 17 15:49:01 EST 2002

Hello I am experiencing intermittent communication failures (e.g.
intermapper pings a machine and reports it down and then it comes back up
later) in a small fraction of nodes.  I've looked into the possiblilty of
bad ports and nics but that seems to not be the problem.   I've read that
the 2.2.11 kernel would sometimes freeze the network interface under heavy
load.  Any known bugs of this sort in 2.2.16-22enterprise ?

Daniel Janies
American Museum of Natural History
New York