diskless nodes

Chip Coldwell coldwell at frank.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 10 07:46:51 EST 2002

I finally finished writing up an article about my technique for
booting diskless nodes:

This technique differs from the most commonly used ones in two
important respects: I use a PXE boot-BIOS NIC (instead of etherboot)
and I use a RAM disk for the root filesystem (instead of NFS).

I'm in contact with the maintainers of the Diskless-HOWTO; it looks
like some of this will be included in chapters there.  I'm also trying
to see if I can get it published in the Linux Journal.

Any feedback about the article would be appreciated.

Charles M. "Chip" Coldwell
"Turn on, log in, tune out"
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org