Windoze cluster and diskless nodes

Frank Joerdens frank at
Fri Feb 8 05:50:18 EST 2002

I'll be building a little 10-CPU Windows (NT) cluster as a 3D rendering
farm. Unfortunately the network rendering software (Cinema 4D Net) that our
artists use is not available for Linux - only Windows and Mac OS are
supported. I'm wondering if it's possible to make a Windows cluster with
diskless nodes, i.e. to net-boot Windows NT, to save the cost of a hard
disk in each node, and to ease administration.

Regards, Frank