High Speed Beowulf Cluster using gigabit ethernet

. . slick at asia.com
Sat Feb 2 23:31:54 EST 2002

Hello,

I will be building a high speed Beowulf cluster using gigabit Ethernet. I was doing some research before that.

Some of the cluster configuration that I saw online had two NIC's and some had just one.

My question was, is the extra NIC used only to increase the I/O throughput or for some other specific purpose ?

None of the sites seem to elucidate this point.

If any one in the list can shed light on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Max

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!