Performance Benchmarks

Tom A Krewson tkrewson at
Fri Aug 30 13:00:58 EDT 2002

Does anyone know of a good objective benchmark for Linux clusters running
MPI? I have tried Linpack but failed to get the results I need. It seems
to need tuning for each cluster which is makes it hard to be objective
with reguards to its results. I also have used llcbench and have gotten
some nifty graphs but nothing to compare what I have in my cluster
objectively to other clusters.

How can I tell how well I am building the cluster if I don't have
comparative benchmarks to go by?

Any help is appreciated.