Beep a node

Ricardo hraa at lncc.br
Wed Aug 7 12:56:06 EDT 2002

Hi All

I am trying to do a headless node (without keyboard and video card) to
do a beep after boot. The first time I used in /etc/rc.d/rc.local the
command [ echo -e "\a" /dev/console ] but nothing happened. Then I
tried to use the program beep (http://johnath.com/beep/) with no success.
But I tested in another cluster and everything was ok. The problem
is certainly the kernel configuration, because I disconfigured the
kernel and it's not working anymore. I don't know what to turn on in the kernel.

Please, someone could help me?

Thanks for your attention
Ricardo

Ricardo Amorim Abreu - Laboratorio Nacional de Computacao Cientifica