Intel releases C++/Fortran suite V 6.0 for Linux

Serguei Patchkovskii serguei.patchkovskii at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 24 19:15:13 EDT 2002

> From: "Bjorn Tore Sund" <bjornts at mi.uib.no>
> I've been wanting to test these out, both in the previous versions
> and this, but as long as Intel are only releasing them as RedHat
> rpms, they are fundamentally useless on a SuSE system.  Or at least
> a lot of hassle to install.

No they are not - the installation script works without any changes, at
least
on Suse 7.1 and Suse 7.3. It may whine a little about the kernel and glibc
versions, but that's it. I've been running both 5.x and 6.x (beta) versions
Intel's compiler under Suse for the last six month, and haven't seen -any-
Suse-specific problems.

Serguei