Scott Delinger scott.delinger at
Tue Apr 23 22:56:53 EDT 2002

>The other consideration to have is some kind of monitoring/alerting system
>for the room.  A client has a dedicated cooling equipment for a beowulf
>cluster for 52 machines.  Recently the A/C broke one morning and they did
>not find out till the afternoon when someone walked into the small network
>room and found the room was in excess of 100 degrees.
>I dont want to think about what could have happened if it happened on a
>friday evening and nobody found about it until Monday. :)

Ah, and on that: (rackmountable and wall- or
camera-mountable Temp, RH, air speed, door contact, camera, and
external sensors: all web/SNMP addressable w/email alerts available).
I've got four WallBotz 310 units, in server rooms, wiring closets,
and cluster rooms. And the cluster room has a thermostat monitored
24x7 by our Physical Plant. Braces and belt, when that much hardware
is on the line.

Scott L. Delinger, Ph.D.		IT Administrator
Department of Chemistry
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  T6G 2G2
scott.delinger at