MPICH: works for users not root?

Jim Fraser fraser5 at
Wed Apr 10 08:24:05 EDT 2002

I have had this pesky problem of running mpi using the bash shell and trying
to figure out how to get it to work for root.  It works fine for all the
users but not root. As root I can rsh to any node ok but if I do a      rsh
node2 -n true  then I get a permission denied.  Again, it works for normal
users.   I have gutted the .bashrc and /etc/bashrc scripts and the .rhosts
seem ok.  what could be the problem?  (Linux 7.2)