Node boot disk to designate eth0

Donald Becker becker at
Wed Apr 3 22:37:23 EST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Eric Miller wrote:

> Subject: Node boot disk to designate eth0
> is there a switch I can pass to the node floppy routine that will cause the
> node to boot using a designated ethernet adapter?  I have one onboard 10mb
> adapter and a PCI 100 mb adapter (eth0), but the node tries to connect
> throught the onboard eth1.  I cannot disable the onboard adapter in BIOS
> (compaq :( ), so I need pass a pararmeter at boot time to use eth0.  Can
> this be done?

The Scyld system tries all interfaces (using RARP) to find a master.
That allows the system to work with all network topologies.

To avoid using finding the master on eth1, just don't connect that
interface to a master.

Donald Becker				becker at
Scyld Computing Corporation
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993