Problems running MPI

german kogan gkogan at
Sun Sep 16 16:28:59 EDT 2001

I installed Scyld on our master node. So far I got one node up, to test
it. I am trying to run a simple MPI program where each procces just says
hi and its rank. It works when I give mpirun -np 1 "program name". But it
stops working when try running more than one procces. It gives me the
following error
p0_12411:  p4_error: net_create_slave: host not a bproc node: -3
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Success

I tried inserting the off node as a first node in the BeoSetup but it
does not work. Any ideas?

Thank you