Accounting Packages for Beowulf clusters

Andrew Fant fant at vpharm.com
Wed Oct 31 16:55:18 EST 2001

Good Afternoon,

     What are people using for centralized usage accounting on their clusters?

     We recently installed a 100+node cluster, and had planned to use CSA to
handle accounting, but SGI's discontinuation of development on the Open-source
release, combined with my inability to get it working on a single CPU box have forced
me to reconsider my plans.  I am looking for something that is capable of doing a
decent amount of centralized data reduction so that I don't end up recoding it all
myself in perl or something similar.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Andy

--
Andrew Fant           |                                 | email: fant at vrtx.com
HPC Geek              |                                 | phone: (617)444-6000