MVIA and GAMMA (Was Re: FNN vs GigabitEther & Myrinet)

Patrick Geoffray patrick at
Wed Oct 24 18:33:28 EDT 2001

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:

> Yes, both projects have been very promising. In fact, what interested me was
> the really low latencies they obtained on common switched fast ethernet
> networks.

Keep in mind that the published latency is measured without
any switches, with 2 NICs back-to-back.
A single switch adds up to 10us of latency, it sums up with
the number of switches crossed. Still, it's interesting for
small configuration.