W Bauske wsb at
Fri Oct 5 03:31:32 EDT 2001

Tim Carlson wrote:
> I am willing to be enlightened as to how my test is flawed. I'll run
> different tests if asked. Is my test too trivial?

Add some other net traffic to the NIS server. Basically giving NIS
the whole bandwidth of your network is unrealistic, at least for things
I do. For example, if your NIS server happens to also be an NFS file
server,  also start a couple reads/writes to the NFS file systems and
repeat your experiment and see how that effects your delays.