MPI I/O + nfs

Rob Latham rlatham at
Fri Nov 30 14:22:49 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:34:02PM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:
> I'm trying to get MPICH- MPI I/O + nfs working.

If you want ROMIO ( MPI I/O ), i strongly suggest using pvfs as the
"back end" for your file system.   In the few cases i know of where a
customer used nfs as the back end, performance was downright poor ( as
should be expected when you have to turn off all the caching ).

start here:

[ Rob Latham <rlatham at>         Developer, Admin, Alchemist ]
[ Paralogic Inc. -                                     ]
[ EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897 ]