Using NFS with Scyld (-7 ver.)

Greg Lindahl lindahl at
Thu Nov 8 10:57:36 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 02:03:06PM -0500, Donald Becker wrote:

> It does work: I wrote the original user-level NFS server (unfsd) used by
> Linux, and re-exporting was one of the primary advantages over the Sun
> implementation.

Not only does re-exporting work, it works well enough that the CPlant
people use it for their single system disk, which is shared by more
than 1,000 nodes. There's 1 node per rack which mounts the one disk
and re-exports it to the other nodes in the rack. The extra caching is
very important to them.