Promise SX6000 vs Adaptec 2400A

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Wed Nov 7 11:46:22 EST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 at 12:01am, Kian_Chang_Low at vdgc.com.sg wrote

> With 3ware existing the IDE raid storage card market, I was looking for a
> replacement for a cluster and came across the Promise Supertrak SX6000 and
> Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A.

FWIW, someone with a *lot* of interest in big storage systems recently
posted to the linux-ide-arrays list that 3ware have reversed their
decision and will be getting back into the IDE raid card business
(including releasing the 7850 RSN).  A press release is supposed to be
forthcoming.  The Escalade pages are already back up.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering