Memory on Scyld systems

Art Edwards edwards at
Mon Nov 5 15:05:27 EST 2001

I have a question about memory on AMD-based clusters. I am now running
a homogeneous Scyld cluster with 768MB on each node. I have modified the
config file with a mem= command and have had no problems. Now I am augmenting
the cluster with new nodes that have 1.5 GB of memory on each node (single
processor nodes). Is there a way to use a different config file for the new
Also, I have heard that there have been problems with 1.5 GB memory for some systems. Is this a consistent problem?

Art Edwards

P. S. I'm running Scyld 27Bz-7