Using NFS with Scyld (-7 ver.)

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at
Mon Nov 5 12:58:26 EST 2001

> As far as I know, you cannot get a linux box to mount an NFS filesystem,
> then reexport it over NFS to another machine.  So, as far as I know,
> what you're asking is impossible.

I have never seen re-exporting a directory working.

What you can do is routing with ipchains so all nodes on a cluster's private
ethernet can mount a filesystem on an external system.

Also on the subject I found that auto-mounting /home on demand (see
/etc/auto.misc) was much more reliable than trying to keep the mounts
permanently up.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505