Javier Iglesias javier.iglesias at
Sat Mar 24 23:01:13 EST 2001

I'm planning a cluster for the computer science institut I'm
working for, then collecting as much information on beowulf as
available, and first-time poster to this list.

It looks like using NFS is a great administrator time saver,
but comes with a high network finger print.

Did someone tried to use 2 NICs per node configured so that :
1/ first is dedicated to interprocessor communication, while
2/ second is used for NFS, DB calls, ...

Is this idea already known as bad/good one ?

Enjoy more time at less cost with sunrise freetime